If storage capacity is the main priority within your warehouse, then drive-in pallet racking is an ideal solution as it provides an excellent method of condensing storage. The vertical upright frames and horizontal support rails of drive-in pallet racking allow pallets to be supported vertically and in multiple depths, support rails allow forklift trucks to enter the rack and create an efficient bulk storage system.
Drive-in pallet racking works on a first pallet in, last pallet out system (FILO) which is ideal for storing seasonal products where large quantities of limited stock items are held. No specialist handling equipment is required, it also has the added advantage that each pallet is supported individually so damage from crushing is eliminated.
Why have drive-in racking:
- Low turnover products
- Cold storage, including chilled and frozen
- High density storage of easily damaged or fragile items
- Rack-clad buildings – the racks can be erected before the building is built
- Store high volumes economically
- Manage retrieval times
- Minimise the risk of damage
- Use conventional forklifts
Drive-in or drive-through racking is ideal if you’re looking for a very economical, bulk storage system.